Monday, May 11, 2015

Last Call: "At-A-Glance"

Dear Writers of Rome,

Just an urgent note about the At-A-Glance handouts for the site presentations in Rome, which were called for several days ago in this blog post.

I'm missing seven of them: if I've emailed you, you know who you are. But please read on.

I won't waste your time and mine by calling this situation unacceptable: it clearly is, as is the fact that I have to badger some of you to submit your work.

A larger, more concerning issue is that I've heard from several of you that you had no idea that we need handouts and are making a booklet.

This news is worrisome because, as both Dr. Spinner and I noted before the end of the semester, this transitional time between Reading and Writing Rome is critical to the success of the travel seminar. We have posted and will continue to post notices up until departure and in Rome, so you must read everything that comes across your screen fully and carefully.

In the meantime, if those of you with outstanding At-A-Glance sheets could please get them to me by noon tomorrow (Tuesday), I'll have time to include them in the booklet: Office Services tells me that they can work with a truncated production schedule.

Please review the original At-A-Glance post and follow the formatting specs to the letter. I've spent the better part of the day deformatting many an improper handout, and time is running out.

If I don't receive a handout from you, the book will have to go to press as is, and you'll start TX 200 with red in your ledger. That's regrettable, but there's nothing else for it.

Thanks for your attention in this matter.

DC

No comments:

Post a Comment